Firefighters in San Franscisco?s Station 48 have been forced to sleep in a classroom and work out of a cinderblock training center, due to an infestation of black mold found over 7 months ago in their facility. Station 48 was built many decades ago by the navy and was deemed severely run down before firefighters were permanently removed from the area.
The situation is becoming critical as nerves are cut short in the cramped working conditions. Mayor Ed Lee visited their site recently and stated that the building of their new $1.5 million firehouse will be expedited; however, construction of a permanent facility will not begin until 2018, once the entire island (Treasure Island) that the facility resided on is remodeled.
Fire Chief Joanne Hayes-White is facing much criticism in the wake of this event. There had already been a call to remove Hayes-White due to ambulance delays, staffing levels, lawsuits and other departmental issues. Now critics are arguing that the construction of the new firehouse is taking an unacceptably long time.
Black mold is the common term for a mold called ?Stachybotrys?. It is one of the more dangerous types of mold and causes respiratory problems, dizziness, fatigue and memory loss. However, almost all mold- not just Stachybotrys- can produce health effects. Don?t wait until your problem is so severe that you and your family need to move out temporarily! We can help you address the problem at its source and eliminate recurring mold issues. Call MVP Environmental Solutions today to get your home happy and healthy again.